App Engine for Python
Learn to quickly build scalable web applications in Python using Google App Engine. App Engine is a an exciting new technology that provides a simple framework and basic web tools to build complete web apps.
NewCircle Google App Engine course for Python will teach you everything you need to know to start building interactive web applications.
Why Build Applications in the "Cloud"?
What kind of cloud?
- Infrastructure clouds (e.g. Amazon EC2)
- Application platform clouds (e.g. AppEngine)
- How does it compare to Microsoft Azure?
- ... to Heroku? Stax?
AppEngine Capabilities Overview
- App Server
- Authentication via Google
- General terms and pricing
Using Your AppEngine Account
- SDK and integration to development tools
- Online management of your apps and account
Building Web Pages and Web Services with AppEngine and Python
- Web apps using the webapp framework
- Integrating other frameworks (e.g. django)
AppEngine Features and Services
- Caching via Memcache
- Calling external services via Urlfetch
- Sending and receiving email
- Asynchronous communication with XMPP (Jabber)
- Image processing
- Authentication (using Google accounts)
- Cron (scheduled) jobs
- Task queues
Bigtable and The Google AppEngine DataStore
- Differences between DataStore and relational databases
- Entities and Models
- CRUD operations and the GQL query language
- Keys and Entity Groups
- Queries and Indexes
- Additional DataStore features
Additional Integration Options with AppEngine